setup improvement . was : autoreconf: problem while executing

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 09:09:00 GMT 2015

On 7/4/2015 11:06 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
> Hi Ken and Marco,
>

> Am 04.07.2015 um 18:40 schrieb Ken Brown:
>
>>> I suggest you to remove most of  not necessary programs.
>
> As a blind person using a screen reader its a little bit difficult to
> use the package list in the setup.
> can i remove packages using the command line and use wildcards?
> i looked at the setup faq but haven't found anything if i could for
> example tell the setup to remove all packages that have
> texlive-collection in their name.

you are right.
Setup for the time being allow only to remove specific package

-x --remove-packages              Specify packages to uninstall

It will be nice to have at least the possibility to read the list from a
file.

For your case, creating a .bat file is not ideal, but should work :

cygcheck -cd | grep "texlive-collection-lang*" |  awk 'BEGIN { printf
("setup-x86.exe -q ")} {printf "-x " $1 " " }END { printf "\r\n pause
"}' > remove.bat

and than you run the remove.bat

> maybe it would also be a good idea to use a normal list box with
> checkboxes to uncheck or check the packages in the future to make it
> more accessible.
>

> or use a normal listbox and make the list items toggleable like
> selecting the all item or admin or devel category in the list box and
> hit space to cycle the list item through all the possibilities (default,
> install, reinstall, uninstall, etc).
>
> because at the moment you can't focus the list with a keyboard  and
> other screen reader function.

As Achim is working on setup, may be he can also look on that.

> greetings,
> simon

Different topic: are you currently using brltty ?
We lost the package maintainer and it was never ported to 64bit,
so it was for these reasons, recently removed from cygwin.

I can work to repackage it, but I need a tester
that has a "refreshable braille display".

Regards
Marco