setup improvement . was : autoreconf: problem while executing

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger@vol.at
Tue Jul 7 20:09:00 GMT 2015

Hi Marco,

Am 05.07.2015 um 11:09 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> On 7/4/2015 11:06 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
>> Hi Ken and Marco,

>> As a blind person using a screen reader its a little bit difficult to
>> use the package list in the setup.
>> can i remove packages using the command line and use wildcards?
>> i looked at the setup faq but haven't found anything if i could for
>> example tell the setup to remove all packages that have
>> texlive-collection in their name.
>
> you are right.
> Setup for the time being allow only to remove specific package
>
> -x --remove-packages              Specify packages to uninstall
>
> It will be nice to have at least the possibility to read the list from a
> file.
>
> For your case, creating a .bat file is not ideal, but should work :
>
> cygcheck -cd | grep "texlive-collection-lang*" |  awk 'BEGIN { printf
> ("setup-x86.exe -q ")} {printf "-x " $1 " " }END { printf "\r\n pause
> "}' > remove.bat
>
> and than you run the remove.bat

while it was removing the packages, perl hang a bunch of times and i had
to kill it all the time it started hanging.

After i did a full rebase and i tried to run autoreconf i got again the
fork issues.
seems that hasn't helped much.
wonder if there is a problem with perl?

>> maybe it would also be a good idea to use a normal list box with
>> checkboxes to uncheck or check the packages in the future to make it
>> more accessible.
>>

>> or use a normal listbox and make the list items toggleable like
>> selecting the all item or admin or devel category in the list box and
>> hit space to cycle the list item through all the possibilities (default,
>> install, reinstall, uninstall, etc).
>>
>> because at the moment you can't focus the list with a keyboard  and
>> other screen reader function.
>
> As Achim is working on setup, may be he can also look on that.

That would sound great.
would make things a lot easier.
at the moment i guess i might have to continue to remove packages which
could have a big affect.

maybe removing the desktops might be a big load off the system?

greetings,
simon