Vim, Mintty, and mouse resizing no longer works.

James Darnley james.darnley@gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:52:00 GMT 2015

Hi Thomas

Unfortunately I have a complaint to make.

When using the latest Mintty release I can no longer use the mouse to
resize split windows in Vim.  In 1.1.3, I can drag any window separator
around to change the size of them.  In 2.0.2 Aim appears to interpret
the mouse as trying to make a visual section in one window.

I tried quickly to narrow down which commit might have introduced the
problem using git bisect, unfortunately it was slowed down by some
commits not compiling.  However it did lead to producing this message.

> 4765275a7cfd9fadc74aedc1191de5390fa11c09 is the first bad commit
> commit 4765275a7cfd9fadc74aedc1191de5390fa11c09
> Author: Thomas Wolff <mintty@users.noreply.github.com>
> Date:   Tue Jun 16 14:45:20 2015 +0200
>
>     fix restructuring

If I checkout the commit immediately preceding this the mouse works as I
expect.  I cannot explain why this might be the case as it looks like
there are no relevant code changes in that commit.

I will try to investigate some more but I wanted to let you know.

Thanks.