mintty project

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Tue Jun 2 06:05:00 GMT 2015

Am 01.06.2015 um 10:36 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On May 31 23:15, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> As a contributor to mintty, some sent me a notice discussing the move to
>> github (http://www.reddit.com/r/cygwin/comments/37vgwi/what_happened_to_minttys_maintainer_andy_kopp/)
>> and now there is already a github fork of mintty
>> (https://github.com/nowox/mintty/tree/master/src).
>> I'd like to discuss what you (cygwin maintainers and others) think of this
>> move, whether it's good for mintty to be hosted on github. Personally I feel
>> that a platform like sourceforge provides a more professional project
>> environment which would provide more confidence in stable project
>> development.
>> What do you think?
> It's not so much the hosting service providing the upstream repository
> which concerns me, it's the lack of development, the lack of a responsive
> maintainer, and the lack of a new, stable mintty package.  You're in for
> one of the newly created pink plush hippos if you're going to take over
> mintty maintainership ;)
OK, I'll take the hippo ;) I just spoke to Andy and we agreed that I
take the maintainership for the cygwin package for the time being. He
does intend to continue to participate but isn't currently finding the
time (as many others...).

Achim Gratz wrote:
> ... mintty already is on GitHub, in 26 different forks.
Terrible, this needs to be sorted out.
Corinna wrote:
> That should probably be the version going ahead with...
I'll check that out...
------
Thomas

---