mintty project

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Thu Jun 4 06:29:00 GMT 2015

Am 02.06.2015 um 20:37 schrieb Tony Kelman:
>> • Yaakov could turn github/cygwinports into an "organisation account"
>> and give me admin rights for the mintty repository.
>> • I could create a dedicated account and repository.
>> • I could host mintty somewhere else.
> There is also an inactive "mintty" user on github, you could contact
> github about name squatting there and try to turn that into an
> organization account.
I have acquired that account meanwhile but apparently it cannot be
turned into an org. account, rather it would need to be attached to a
separate org. account (weird policy).
Actually there is also an orphaned github account called "cygwin" which
could be claimed by a cygwin maintainer (Corinna?), maybe as an option
to host cygwin packages.

Apart from that, I am still hesitating to go with github.com. What do
people think about gitlab.com instead? It makes a more serious
impression and has some more professional features. Or maybe codebase.com?
My concern is to find a good and stable home for a cygwin core project.
Of course I could also host it on my hard disk (or personal domain) and
just publish source packages...
------
Thomas

---