[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: smartmontools-6.4-1
Wed Jun 10 22:17:00 GMT 2015
Version 6.4-1 of smartmontools is now available.
- Device type '-d usbprolific' for Prolific PL2571/277x USB bridges.
- SAT: Support for ATA registers returned in fixed format sense data.
- smartctl '-i' and '--identify': ATA ACS-4 and SATA 3.2 enhancements.
- smartctl '-l xerror': Support for logs with more than 255 pages.
- smartctl '-l devstat': Prints ACS-3 DSN flags.
- smartctl '-l devstat': Read via SMART command if GP log is not
- smartctl '-l scttempsts': Prints SCT SMART STATUS (ACS-4) and
vendor specific SCT bytes.
- HDD, SSD and USB additions to drive database.
- Windows: Device type '-d aacraid' for AACRAID controllers.
- Windows: SAT autodetection based on IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY.
For a full list of changes see NEWS and ChangeLog in
/usr/share/doc/smartmontools and ticket report at
For open issues see
Smartmontools contains utility programs (smartctl, smartd) to
control/monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and
Reporting Technology System (SMART) built into most ATA/SATA and
SCSI/SAS hard drives and solid-state drives. In many cases, these
utilities will provide advanced warning of disk degradation and failure.
Smartctl is a command line utility designed to perform tasks such as
printing the SMART self-test and error logs, enabling and disabling
SMART automatic testing, and initiating device self-tests.
Smartd is a daemon that monitors the drives every 30 minutes
(configurable), logs SMART errors and changes of SMART Attributes via
the syslog interface.
Smartd can also be configured to schedule self-tests and send email
warnings or run other scripts if problems are detected.
On Cygwin, smartd can be run as a windows service via cygrunsrv.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin <at> cygwin.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain.com <at> cygwin.com
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all*of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin