[Attn. git maintainter] git is now at version 2.4.3

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Thu Jun 11 12:54:00 GMT 2015

On 10/06/2015 06:30, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Steven Penny <<snip>> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:51 AM, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to update our git version? Currently we are at
>>> 2.1.4 and upstream recently released 2.4.3.
>> I am all for updating Git
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-06/msg00489.html
>>
>> but 2.1.4 is only 5 month old
>> http://github.com/git/git/releases/tag/v2.1.4
>>
>> "upstream recently released..." is not really a good reason to update, so unless
>> you can give one I vote -1 this request.
> Cygwin always tries to be up-to-date unless there is a reason for not
> to. Thats why I asked maintainer to check if its possible for an
> update.
Yes. It's been on my when-I-get-around-to-it list for a while, and with
a specific request I'll bump it up the queue. Should be able to kick
something into shape next week (I'm away from my computer from now until
Tuesday).

Unrelatedly, please configure your mailer to not quote raw email
addresses, or switch to a mailer that doesn't. Per
<https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>, it's vastly useful in
preventing spam harvesters.

Adam