mingw-w64 --enable-fully-dynamic-string

Tony Kelman tony@kelman.net
Sun Jun 14 01:10:00 GMT 2015

> Cygwin's copy contains the mistake.

Thanks for the ack. Sorry my mailer is stupid and mis-formatted the very end
of my message.

I found the opensuse change caused an ABI breakage, C++ executables compiled
with cygwin's mingw-w64 started segfaulting when the latest libstdc++-6.dll
from opensuse was earlier on the path. I probably shouldn't have expected
mixing cygwin-built mingw-w64 executables with opensuse-built mingw-w64
libraries to work for as long as it has. If a cygwin package rebuild can
make the ABI's compatible again that would be awesome and fix the breakage
I've been seeing, but I probably need to switch some of my cygwin buildbots
over to opensuse to make absolutely sure things will be compatible.

Thanks,
Tony