mintty system integration before release

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sat Jun 27 15:59:00 GMT 2015

Am 27.06.2015 um 16:50 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On Jun 27 15:27, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Before a mintty release, I'd like to check Windows console issues with
>> mintty in Windows 10,
>> see https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/439
>> As I don't have Windows 10, maybe someone can help out testing;
>> there is some kind of resource magic which I'm not familiar with (and I
>> remember it's been discussed here in some context); there is a file res.mft
>> in mintty with these 2 lines:
>>        <supportedOS Id="{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}"/> <!-- Vista
>> -->
>>        <supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}"/> <!-- 7 -->
>> and I have a vague idea that specific lines should be added to facilitate
>> seamless integration with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
>> Which lines could that be?
>    $ strings /usr/lib/default-manifest.o
>
> If that's all there is to mintty's manifest, you can remove it and
> just build mintty without explicit manifest.
Well, there is also a res.rc without which mintty loses its Options
menu. And it does not compile without the res.mft, so I guess it's needed.
> In that case GCC will apply /usr/lib/default-manifest.o to the executable.
>
> Did you see my mail to you from 2015-06-23?
Yes, and I wonder how my response got lost :/
I was remotely aware of that mailing list and had no plan to resurrect
it (unless you would convince me it's worth it);
I think it's sufficient for this project to have one of issue tracker or
mailing list/forum, not both. And an issue tracker has the valuable
advantage that you can close issues...

Thomas