Bug? attempt to suspend = kill process?

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Mar 5 04:37:00 GMT 2015

I usually run the the windows version of 'Gvim' as
it will run even when there is no 'X' running...

Usually, to get it to go into the background like it
does on linux, it runs an "alias" in bash:

alias gvim='setsid gvim'

So it background's appropriately.

I had to try something out with a gvim-function
and needed to run gvim 'raw'...(w/o the setsid)...

It ran, but then I needed to check something in
the shell, but gvim had not backgrounded, so
I tried pressing ^z, as I would on linux (actually ^y
in my usage).

In the console window, I got a message that it had
"stopped" like I would in linux:

>  gvim
Stopped

 but actually what
happened was that it was killed.

... so.. why no suspend?... it seems like it was
trying?

FWIW, tty settings:
>  stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 32; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^X; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = ^Z; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Y; rprnt = ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon
-ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0
vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -tostop -echoctl
-echoke