unable to remap to same address as parent

Peter Keller kellerp.l@gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:46:00 GMT 2015

My apologies, I'm sure everyone's sick of rebase questions, but I
haven't been able to resolve my problem, so here goes.

I keep getting this same 'unable to remap' error and 'rebaseall' does
not fix the problem.

Specifics:
On running 'youtube-dl', I get this output:
       4 [main] python2.7 2464 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap
zlib.dll to same address as parent (0x920000) - try running rebaseall

I then close down Cygwin, stop all Cygwin processes, open dash, and run
'rebaseall -v'.

It appears to have rebased zlib.dll from this line:
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/zlib.dll: new base = 34dd0000, new size
= 10000'

However, when opening Cygwin and re-running youtube-dl, I get the exact
same 'unable to remap' error as above.

I have followed the advice here
https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda and uninstalled software
on that list that I had installed (avast, spybot).  I've rebooted and
done all of the above again.  I've removed and reinstalled Cygwin's
python using the setup utility.  I've tried deleting /etc/rebase.db.i386
so rebaseall would rebuild the database again.  I made a list of all the
dll's and so's in a file and tried 'rebaseall -T <dlllist>'.

I also consistently get 'skipped because nonexistent' warnings even
after deleting /etc/rebase.db.i386, though I thought that would have
taken care of that.

The postinstall rebase scripts appear to run whenever I run the setup
utility, though I don't know where their output is logged to check.

I'm still running XP, hopefully that's not the issue.

Am I missing something?  What else can I try?

Thanks-
Peter