[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: perl-5.14.4-3

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:08:00 GMT 2015

On 3/15/2015 8:22 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Erwin Waterlander writes:
>>> cygcheck output, please.
>>
>> pod2man seems ok, but pod2html produces wrong output.
>>
>> $ cygcheck pod2html
>> Found: C:\cygwin\bin\pod2html
>> C:\cygwin\bin\pod2htmlcygcheck: C:\cygwin\bin\pod2html is not a DLL:
>> magic number 2123 (8483) '#!'
>
> Yes I know it's a script.  I was talking about the procedure described
> here: https://cygwin.com/problems.html (so I'd know whether you were
> using 32bit or 64bit Cygwin and what other packages might be involved).
>
>>> I'd appreciate if you could come up with a self-contained reproducer.
>>
>> wget http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/dos2unix/dos2unix-7.2.tar.gz
>> tar xzf dos2unix-7.2.tar.gz
>> cd dos2unix-7.2
>> make maintainer-clean
>> make html
>>
>> now open man/uk/man1/dos2unix.htm
>
> I'll look at that later, I was hoping for something more condensed
> actually.

it is a very tiny test.

I noticed on 64bit, on the conversions

PERL_UNICODE=SDA pod2html --title="dos2unix 7.2 - DOS/MAC to UNIX and
vice versa text file format converter" man/man1/dos2unix.pod >
man/man1/dos2unix.htm
/usr/bin/pod2html: man/man1/dos2unix.pod: unknown pod directive
'encoding' in paragraph 3.  ignoring.

the directive is:
=encoding UTF-8

Regards