Cygwin svn vs. TortoiseSVN?

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 23:46:00 GMT 2015

On 18/03/15 20:57, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> On 2015-03-18 19:45, David Stacey wrote:
>> I have a PC with both Cygwin and TortoiseSVN. When I try to commit through Cygwin svn, I get the following (slightly redacted):
>>
>> Committed revision nnnnn.
>> svn: E200000: Commit succeeded, but other errors follow:
>> svn: E155009: Error bumping revisions post-commit (details follow):
>> svn: E155009: Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with '/cygdrive/D/xxx/yyy', work item 528 (file-commit aaa/bbb.c)
>> svn: E000013: Can't open file '/cygdrive/D/xxx/yyy/.svn/tmp/svn-sckggY': Permission denied
> Just in case: mount the appropriate part of your D disk with the 'noacl' option, ie add something like
> D:/Wherever/Is/Your/SVNRepository /svnR ntfs cygexec,noacl
> at the end of your /etc/fstab,
> and use
> file:///svnR
> for your repo.

Thank you for your reply. It's a good thought about ACLs - my immediate
thought was that this must be a locking problem, so I never considered ACLs.

My repository is on a server, accessed over https. The errors are coming
from the svn client updating the working copy. This working copy is on
the 'D' drive, so I'll try mounting '/cygdrive/d' as 'noacl' and see if
that helps.

Dave.