Cygwin svn vs. TortoiseSVN?

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:38:00 GMT 2015

On 19/03/15 04:01, Eric Pement wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM, David Stacey<drstacey@tiscali.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> I have a PC with both Cygwin and TortoiseSVN. When I try to commit through
>> Cygwin svn, I get the following:
> ... [rest omitted] ...
>
> The TortoiseSVN FAQ file, answering the question of whether one can
> use different SVN clients on the same working copy, says this is not
> recommended.

Whilst that might be the official line from TortoiseSVN, I've been using
Cygwin svn and TortoiseSVN together for quite a few years. With the
exception of the locking problem 2 or 3 years ago (which Warren fixed),
the two work happily on the same working copy.

I *am* careful to force my line endings in the auto-props settings though.

Dave.