[EXTERNAL] Re: startxwin - xinit unable to connect to X server

Kunz, Christopher L clkunz@sandia.gov
Fri May 15 18:01:00 GMT 2015

After installing the 64 bit version of Cygwin, I don't experience this problem.

Backtrace output:

$ gdb --args /usr/bin/Xwin -multiwindow
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.8
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/Xwin...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) handle SIGSYS nostop
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGSYS        No        Yes     Yes             Bad system call
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/Xwin -multiwindow
[New Thread 8216.0x1470]
[New Thread 8216.0x22f8]
[New Thread 8216.0x1f34]
[New Thread 8216.0x1f70]
[New Thread 8216.0x1e90]
[New Thread 8216.0x2374]
gdb: unknown target exception 0x80000001 at 0x5dd96d61

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
[Switching to Thread 8216.0x2374]
0x5dd96d61 in sysfer!FirstHookFunc ()
   from /cygdrive/c/Windows/SysWOW64/SYSFER.DLL
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x5dd96d61 in sysfer!FirstHookFunc ()
   from /cygdrive/c/Windows/SysWOW64/SYSFER.DLL
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
(gdb)