reinstall cygwin

James Mao xjamesmao@gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:14:00 GMT 2015

Dear friends,

When I installed cygwin for the first time everything is fine. After I messed it up (trying to figure out X-windows), a lot of things changed: for example /usr/bin is not in default path and the default directory changed. I think a simple reinstall should correct all these. But it is not. I followed FAQ: deleted the folder and so on. But after reinstallation the /usr/bin is still not in $PATH, and now nothing in HOME (no directory, no .bashrc). What could be the reason that the new installation is different from my first installation? How can I reinstall a clean version? BTW, my os is windows 8.

Thank you very much!
James