Help: cygheap base mismatch detected

Mon Nov 2 11:31:00 GMT 2015

On Nov  1 17:22, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning and rebooted.
> Now Cygwin won't work at all.  Using the latest test release of
> Cygwin:
>
> CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW JJR 2.3.0(0.291/5/3) 2015-10-22 17:54 i686 Cygwin
>
> Any ideas?
>
> F:\>dash
> $  rebase-trigger fullrebase
>       0 [main] dash (4564) C:\Cygwin\bin\dash.exe: *** fatal error -
> cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xABB400/0xD1B400.

*Both* addresses are wrong.  The 32 bit Cygwin DLL has to be loaded to
address 0x61000000 (as noted in the file header) which, if done correctly,
results in a cygheap address > 0x61000000.  The cygheap is part of the
DLL binary, so it's loaded with it.  In Cygwin 2.2.1, the address should
be in the 0x612fc000 range.

It seems a Windows DLL or a virus scanner DLL gets loaded to this
address for some reason.  I'm a bit at a loss to make a suggestion here,
except for switching to 64 bit Cygwin which has much less problems with
this due to the huge address space.

Corinna

Red Hat