xfig-3.2.5c-2.x86_64 crashes on save as or export on windows 10

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Nov 5 13:56:00 GMT 2015

On 02/11/2015 06:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-10-31 at 16:47 +0000, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 29/10/2015 19:11, Hans-Georg Scherneck wrote:
>>> it crashes on x_86 (i.e. 32 bit version) too, even after re-installing
>>> the xorg-server packages.
>>> xfig won't show the export window before it crashes. What else can I do?
>>> Any step-by-step procedure with xorg-server renewal?
>>> Is there an issue with Athena widgets?
>>
>> I'd suggest, as an alternative workaround, with the current server:
>>
>> ln -s /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi
>> /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:pri=40
>
> I'm not sure we should recommend this.

I agree.

It's just a workaround, which also serves to confirm that the issue is
font related, until the steps you outline can be taken.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer