Can MKS Toolkit and Cygwin safely co-exist on Windows servers?

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Fri Nov 20 19:25:00 GMT 2015

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:29:30 +0000
> From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]"
> Subject: RE: Can MKS Toolkit and Cygwin safely co-exist on Windows servers?
>
> Peter A. Castro sent the following at Monday, November 16, 2015 9:17 PM
>>
>> Oh! I've been there and tried to do that but was shutdown for corporate
>> policy reasons. Remember that business wants someone to shoot at when
>> things break. That license you have for MKS means your company can
>> demand support from someone. Cygwin is "free" and support is really just
>> this email list and "WJM". :)
>
> I believe that paid support is available from Red Hat.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/services/custom/cygwin/

Oh!  I did not know about that!  That is cool!  Wish I'd known about that
a few years ago!!

(I presume that "professional support" is Corinna? :)

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com