cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)

Warren Young wyml@etr-usa.com
Fri Oct 2 17:56:00 GMT 2015

On Oct 2, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Terry Garyet <tgaryet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows 10 did auto-update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)) yesterday. My sys auto rebooted this morning.
>
> Now, when I try to launch "Cygwin Terminal" from the windows desktop I get:
>
> /usr/bin/mintty:  could not detach from caller.  Try '-help' for more information.

I just installed the same update, and Cygwin still works for me.

>  2 [main] bash (4820) C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xF4B400/0xDFB400.

That looks like a problem that rebasing will fix:

  http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall

The only mystery here is why the normal auto-rebase at the end of setup.exe’s run failed.  Are you failing to report some errors you got from the postinst scripts?