convert does nothing - issue with cyglcms2-2 dll?

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Oct 11 15:04:00 GMT 2015


On 10/11/2015 10:25 AM, Katriel Friedman wrote:
> Hi Cygwin List,
>
> I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, with Cygwin 64-bit installed from the 2.871
> installer. The Imagemagick "convert" command returns the prompt
> immediately, even when followed by gibberish, e.g. "convert adsfasdf". I
> first observed the problem with Imagemagick 6.9.1.3-3. I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling Imagemagick, and restarting Cygwin, and the
> problem remained. I also tried downgrading to 6.7.6.3-4, and the problem
> still remained.
>
> When I start convert.exe directly from windows Explorer I get the pop-up
> error "the procedure entry point cmsCreateContext could not be located in
> the dynamic link library cyglcms2-2.dll". I also tried reinstalling
> liblcms2-2 to no avail.

What's the output of 'cygcheck /usr/bin/convert.exe'?  Does it indicate 
any missing DLLs?  If answering those questions doesn't solve the 
problem, please run 'cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out' and include that 
file *as an attachment*, as requested here:

   https://cygwin.com/problems.html

Ken

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list