Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Oct 18 13:20:00 GMT 2015

On 10/18/2015 7:47 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> Same here. I maintain a local mirror and use my own setup.ini files
>> (created with genini); these do not have 'sig' files. Directory
>> structure is as follows:
>>
>> cygwin-2015-10-16
>>    /cygwin
>>      /x86
>>      /x86_64
>>    /cygwinports
>>      /noarch
>>      /x86
>>      /x86_64
>>
>> The 'setup.ini' files are located in the 'x86' and 'x86_64'
>> directories; setup is pointed at the 'cygwin-2015-10-16'
>> directory.
>
> If that is the complete directory structure at those two levels then I
> don't see how it can't work.  I'm doing exactly the same, save for the
> exact directory names.  I'm using the "-mX" switches when invoking
> setup.

Are you saying you've never tested local installs without the -m switch?  If so,
that explains why you haven't been able to reproduce the problems that several
of us have reported.  I just verified that setup does indeed correctly descend
into subdirectories with the -m switch.

Ken