Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Oct 18 13:47:00 GMT 2015

On 10/18/2015 9:28 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> Are you saying you've never tested local installs without the -m
>> switch?
>
> No, I'm saying that the "-m" switch should reduce the possibility of
> setup doing something unwanted, because it eliminates the possibility of
> it switching into ad-hoc mode (where it searches the subdirs for
> setup.ini and package files to full depth).
>
>> If so, that explains why you haven't been able to reproduce
>> the problems that several of us have reported.  I just verified that
>> setup does indeed correctly descend into subdirectories with the -m
>> switch.
>
> That still doesn't tell me what about your mirror directories triggers
> it to not use local mirror mode when not using that switch.  If the
> directory structure is correct that is in theory impossible since it
> tries mirror mode first and only if it doesn't find a useable setup file
> that way would it fall back to ad-hoc mode.  Please run the commands in
> my other replay to David Stacey and tell me the result.

$ find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -name $arch | \
 > xargs -I: sh -c 'for f in :/setup.{xz,bz2,ini}; \
 > do [ -e $f ] && { echo $f ; break; } done' && \
 > find -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name $arch | \
 > xargs -I: sh -c 'for f in :/setup.{xz,bz2,ini}; \
 > do [ -e $f ] && { echo $f ; break; } done'
./http%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f/x86/setup.ini
./http%3a%2f%2fsanibeltranquility.com%2fcygwin%2f/x86/setup.ini
./myrepo/x86/setup.xz

Ken