Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 15:09:00 GMT 2015

On 18/10/2015 12:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> Same here. I maintain a local mirror and use my own setup.ini files
>> (created with genini); these do not have 'sig' files. Directory
>> structure is as follows:
>>
>> cygwin-2015-10-16
>>    /cygwin
>>      /x86
>>      /x86_64
>>    /cygwinports
>>      /noarch
>>      /x86
>>      /x86_64
>>
>> The 'setup.ini' files are located in the 'x86' and 'x86_64'
>> directories; setup is pointed at the 'cygwin-2015-10-16'
>> directory.
> If that is the complete directory structure at those two levels then I
> don't see how it can't work.  I'm doing exactly the same, save for the
> exact directory names.  I'm using the "-mX" switches when invoking
> setup.  If you have an x86 or x86_64 directory under cygwin-2015-10-16
> however, then setup would never look any further (you can't nest mirror
> directories).
>
> Setup does essentially this (and finds the following setup files on my
> system when it gets started in the top-level mirror directory, provided
> that $arch="x86"):
>
> $ find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -name $arch | \
>    xargs -I: sh -c 'for f in :/setup.{xz,bz2,ini}; \
>    do [ -e $f ] && { echo $f ; break; } done' && \
>    find -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name $arch | \
>    xargs -I: sh -c 'for f in :/setup.{xz,bz2,ini}; \
>    do [ -e $f ] && { echo $f ; break; } done'
>
> ./cygport/x86/setup.bz2
> ./cygwin/x86/setup.bz2
> ./maint/x86/setup.xz
> ./patch/x86/setup.xz
> ./perl/x86/setup.ini
>
> What's the result you're getting?

Thank you for your help. Here is the output from running your command:

For arch="x86":
     ./cygwin/x86/setup.ini
     ./cygwinports/x86/setup.ini

For arch="x86_64":
     ./cygwin/x86_64/setup.ini
     ./cygwinports/x86_64/setup.ini

This is as described above by my ASCII art. I have been using this
directory structure successfully with previous versions of setup. Is
this layout incorrect?

Dave.