Terminfo bug in screen-256color

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Oct 20 21:02:00 GMT 2015

On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 21:03 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> >> Can you confirm that this patch contains the necessary changes:
> >>
> >> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ncurses.git/tree/ncurses-kbs.patch
> >
> > The solution I used was different IIRC, but I'll have to dig out the
> > details.
>
> I don't know much about these things, but it seems that the patch you're
> linking to deals with the interpretation of the backspace key in certain
> situations?

You are correct, that patch is unrelated.  However, it turns out that
ncurses-6.0 ships with new 'tmux' and 'tmux-256color' terminfos, which
appear to include the settings indicated in said FAQ.  tmux should use
these instead of the screen terminfos.

I'm in the process of triple-checking that I have the correct options to
avoid ABI breakage in ncurses-6.0, at which point I'll upload and you
can use these instead.

--
Yaakov