Install Bug on Windows XP

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sat Oct 24 09:16:00 GMT 2015

Greetings, Thomas Dineen!

> Gentle People:

>     When I install the newest Cygwin 32 on Windows XP the
> install process hangs on cmake-debuginfo-3.3.2-1.
> The system seems to hang in an infinite loop with
> setup.exe drawing 99% of the CPU.

>     Please note that the download and SHA checksum
> check seem to complete successfully.

>     Please note that I am running Windows XP SP3 with
> with the current updates installed.

>      Is there a way to work around this bug and complete
> the install manually?

It would be more worthwhile to create a new install in a separate directory,
and start small.
Only install base set of packages.
Then gradually add tools you need.
I don't know, why you are installing -debuginfo packages, but it is IMO
unlikely to cause issues by itself.
Sounds more like environmental issue, or issue triggered immediately following
the installation of the mentioned package.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...