"permission denied" issues when removing files/folders created by cygwin

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Thu Sep 3 15:32:00 GMT 2015

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> It appears the problem lies with creating a file named "NUL" windows
> utilities just don't know how to deal with it (you can recreate it by
> creating a folder, then from cygwin bash $ touch NUL) then try and
> remove the folder with windows explorer.

That is likely a bug in the build system of whatever you were trying to
build, I can't think of any reason why under Cygwin it wouldn't use
/dev/null instead of NUL (that's a device name under Windows for
compatibility with DOS).

Regards,
Achim.