Problem with git and file mode changes

Dani Moncayo dmoncayo@gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 10:13:00 GMT 2015

Adam, Ken, thank you for taking time to help me.

(BTW, did you keep my address in CC?  Because I didn't get any of your
replies.  I had to check the mailing list web archive [1]).

BTW(2): For the record, some data points I forgot to give in my initial post:
* The underlying filesystem is NTFS.
* I did not have this problem some weeks ago, with the same
  system, Cygwin installation, and git repo.  Therefore, some
  change/update in my system/environment must have introduced the problem.

Ken's suggestion (setfacl -b test) didn't work, but it did work when I
executed it on individual files (eg. 'test/rmailmm.el' instead of
'test').  So the problem is apparently fixed after doing:

  find . -exec setfacl -b {} \;

Thank you so much.

--
Dani Moncayo