[ANNOUNCEMENT] New: luajit-2.0.4-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Sep 19 12:34:00 GMT 2015

On 9/18/2015 6:08 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 15:15 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Thanks for this!  I can use your 64-bit patch to build luajittex on
>> 64-bit Cygwin.  Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Do you plan to send your patch upstream?  I had some correspondence
>> with the author last year in which he said he would welcome a patch to
>> make luajit build on 64-bit Cygwin.
>
> Unfortunately, upstreaming takes time (particularly when dealing with
> the many misconceptions people have about Cygwin) so I've admittedly
> been lax in that regard.

I have to send the patch to upstream TeX Live anyway, so I could just
copy the luajit author.

>> 2. Why did you use the -fexceptions flag in your build?  The build
>> succeeds without that flag, and luajit still works AFAICT.  (But I don't
>> really know how to test it.)
>
> I'm just taking their word for it:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/luajit-2.0.git/blob/8715ae6:/src/lj_err.c#l20
>
> In particular, see line 50-55, although perhaps that only applies to
> ELF?

I'm not sure; I find that discussion ambiguous.  On the other hand,
there's no mention of -fexceptions or -funwind-tables in the Makefiles,
and src/Makefile explicitly says (line 150) that there's probably no
need to change CFLAGS.

Ken