cmake fails to run/build under Cygwin
Marco Atzeri
marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:03:00 GMT 2015
On 21/09/2015 13:10, Nick Kennedy wrote:
> I've been trying to use cmake under Cygwin. Using the current binary
> installed using Cygwin setup and running 'cmake .' from a folder that
> contains a CMakeLists.txt just sits there with the process using 100% of a
> core on my machine and nothing visibly happening otherwise. The CMakeFiles
> folder is created but nothing is put into it, and no cache is ever created.
>
> Running cmake without a path produces the appropriate usage message.
>
> I've tried using both x86 and x86-64 versions of Cygwin.
>
>
> I'm using Windows 10 running on a machine with a Core i7 and 12 GB of RAM.
> Cygwin is otherwise working fine, and I'm able to build programs using
> alternatives such as autotools.
>
> I've attached the output of cygcheck. I've redacted my Microsoft account
> name/email address (the line contains ###redacted### instead).
>
> I'd be grateful for any help. I'm happy to post this to a kitware mailing
> list too, but since the problem seems to be specific to Cygwin (and
> includes the supplied Cygwin cmake binaries), I thought I'd start here.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nick
>
on W7 64 I see no issue.
As you have both cygwin and windows version of cmake on the path
may be they are interfering each other ?
I suggest to run "cmake --trace " to see where cmake is
blocking.
Have you tested others projects using Cmake ?
Or it is spinning on every one ?
Regards
Marco
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list