cmake fails to run/build under Cygwin

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:00:00 GMT 2015


On 22/09/2015 17:00, Nick Kennedy wrote:
> On 21 September 2015 Nick Kennedy wrote:
>
>> I'm just running in a normal Cygwin session. The most likely BLODA culprit would be Kaspersky Internet Security.
>> I've also got Visual Studio and the Windows debugging toolkit installed, but I don't think either of those are likely.
>
>> Using gdb, the external process seems to get launched normally. The response from `uname` is received, which is
>> just one line of text. But then there seems to be an infinite loop within ProcessUNIX.c in cmsysProcess_WaitForData
>> (lines 1129-1130). This repeatedly calls kwsysProcessWaitForPipe which keeps returning false and so the loop goes
>> on. The underlying Windows function called seems to be ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects.
>
>> I've tried pausing Kaspersky which doesn't help. I'll also try uninstalling it at some point.
>
> I've now uninstalled Kaspersky, and the problem goes away. Reinstalling the latest version (KIS 2016) results in the
> problem coming back.
>
> So it looks like there's an issue between Kaspersky Internet Security and certain Cygwin functionality.
>
> Nick
>

Thank for the info.

Can you open a complain with them ?
I suspect that cmake is not the only program that could be impacted.

Regards
Marco


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list