ssh fails after joining domain

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Sep 24 02:14:00 GMT 2015


Hoot Thompson wrote:
> I'm working on a group of Windows Server 2012 R2 systems. Prior to
> joining the systems to our domain controller, I install the openssh
> components after which I can ssh into the system using the Administrator
> account and password. However, as soon as I join a server to our domain
> controller, ssh no longer works for the exact same Administrator
> account. Are local accounts (such as the aforementioned Administrator
> account) blocked somehow after joining the domain? Is there someway I
> can make the local account work again?
----	
Where does cygwin come in?  Is it a server, or are you trying to login
using cygwin's ssh?

Assuming the latter is the case, as soon as you join a system to the 
domain, the default domain, I believe becomes <DOMAINAME> (not the previous
local hostname).  So you might try:
1) logging  in as 'DOMAIN\Administrator' (if you have that password),
or 
2) logging in as '<workstationname>\Administrator'

Note the single quotes around the login name *should* be
used if you are logging in from a cygwin shell (like bash).


--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list