How do I make my Emacs font match my xterm font?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:16:00 GMT 2015

After the recent fonts reorganization, the font I (used to ) specify
for Emacs in my ~/.Xresources file no longer works:

    Font `-adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-96-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1' is not defined

Emacs will work if I comment out the font, albeit with a different
font and character size.  My xterm font seems unchanged.

Ideally, what I would like is for my Emacs font to exactly match my
xterm font.  How can I go about doing this?

Thanks - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us