[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.11

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Apr 5 07:18:00 GMT 2016

Mark Geisert wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-04-05 00:54, Mark Geisert wrote:
>>> When building in winsup/utils, I hit this:
>> [snip]
>>> I found that the generated winsup/utils/Makefile has
>>> MINGW_CXX      := i686-w64-mingw32-g++
>>> even though I am building on 64-bit.
>>
>> I can't reproduce this with git master.  Are you sure you have both a clean
>> clone and a clean build directory?
>
> I'm obtaining the source via setup-x86_64.exe, not git clone.  Then going to the
> download directory under /usr/src and doing 'cygport cygwin.cygport prep'.  Then
> setting up /oss tree like the FAQ suggests, with /oss/src symlinked to the right
> level of the download tree.  cd to /oss/build, configure and make like the FAQ
> demonstrates.
>
> I'll try it with a git clone and report back.

I'm getting the same error.  FYI this is with /oss tree per the FAQ with
/oss/src symlinked to root of the cloned tree, then building in /oss/build.

Do you have both i686-w64-mingw32-g++ and x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ installed?

..mark