httpd/sshd will not start due to "failed to create proxy mutex" error

Matt Gregory mgregory22@gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 01:19:00 GMT 2016

I fixed it!  I don't know if the fix is any good, but the server
starts and serves pages.  The key was this Mutex directive:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#mutex

I wound up adding this to my httpd.conf:

> Mutex posixsem proxy

I don't know if "posixsem" is the right choice, but it seems to work.
All of the choices have warnings that make them all sound horrible:
dizzyness, depression, erectile dysfunction...but we're going to try
this.  I'm just developing on my local system, anyway.

Cheers,
Matt