PS and AWK Linux Commands on Cygwin

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Thu Aug 4 13:23:00 GMT 2016

So, a couple of things ...

Cygwin definitely supports gawk - I use it all the time.
My system has a link from awk to gawk, so awk will work.
I can't recall if I added that link or if it came with
the installation.  awk may be in a separate package
that you'll have to install from the Cygwin package
installer.

As for ps, it works, but it will show only Cygwin
related processes.  It may have other limitations
as well, because it might be impossible or very
difficult to support some POSIX features under
Windows.

Regards - Eliot Moss