PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:00:00 GMT 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Herbert Stocker wrote:

>> code required to handle .exe and .lnk extensions you don't *want*
>> PATHEXT support anymore.
>>

> Moreso, this code has recently broken my C++ code in Cygwin.
> It tried to see if a directory  /dir/subdir/something  existed,
> and Cygwin said yes because it found a /dir/subdir/something.exe .
> So my program failed.

Were you testing for the existence of a *directory* (
/dir/subdir/something/. ) or for anything named *something* in
/dir/subdir/ ?

And what call were you using?  It was my understanding that the foo ==
foo.exe == foo.lnk == foo.exe.lnk was only applied when attempting to
execute something...  (is my understanding wrong?)

-- Erik