[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-gcc-5.4.0-2 (x86/x86_64)

Tony Kelman tony@kelman.net
Tue Aug 16 09:20:00 GMT 2016

> I have just updated the mingw-w64 cross compilers Cygwin 32bit and
> 64bit to mingw64-*-gcc-5.4.0-2.

I'm regretting only testing on 64 bit in my earlier message. I do see a
segfault now when I build Julia with i686-w64-mingw32-gcc 5.4.0-2, that
did not occur with 4.9.2-2. Could 4.9.2-2 be reinstated as prev? And/or
could packaging of GCC 6 be done with a faster turnaround time? Here are
the repro steps for compiling to 32 bit (with apologies for how long it'll
take, it's mostly miscompilation of LLVM causing the problem):

# check build prereqs
curl --version
patch --version
python --version
g++ --version
m4 --version
cmake --version
7z -h
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --version
i686-w64-mingw32-g++ --version
i686-w64-mingw32-gfortran --version
# end of build prereq checks
git clone https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia -b release-0.5
cd julia
echo 'XC_HOST = i686-w64-mingw32' > Make.user
make -j8 test

At the end of this, roughly an hour later, I see

    JULIA usr/lib/julia/sys.o

Please submit a bug report with steps to reproduce this fault, and any error messages that follow (in their entirety). Thanks.
Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0xc5e821 -- unknown function (ip: 00C5E821)
while loading sysimg.jl, in expression starting on line 6
unknown function (ip: 00C5E820)
unknown function (ip: 00C5ED73)
unknown function (ip: 00C5ED73)
unknown function (ip: 04B86E87)
unknown function (ip: FFFFFFFE)

instead of finishing building and executing the tests as expected.

Thanks,
Tony