Cygwin SSHD 32bit

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:50:00 GMT 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Marcel Grandemange  wrote:
> Good Day
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me.
>
> I have a Windows server 2003 server with the latest Cygwin installed.
>
> CYGWIN_NT-5.2  2.5.2(0.297/5/3) 2016-06-23 14:27 i686 Cygwin
>
> I have setup the SSH service as I have many a time before on other
> servers. The service successfully starts however I cannot SSH into the
> machine and am presented with the following error:
>
> ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
>
> Note that I have allowed it through the firewall and this error is even
> present on the machine itself

I had this error on a Windows Home Server v1 (server 2003 SB base) and
the only way I was able to resolve it was to disable the Microsoft
firewall on the host and use an external firewall.  It seems to be a
problem with the Microsoft firewall in my experience.  I had tried
both opening tcp/22 and the executable (either/or as well as together)
to no avail.

-- Erik