Proposal for new cygwin.bat which is independent from install directory

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:05:00 GMT 2016

On 8/27/2016 1:44 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Christian Franke!

>>> "%~dp0bin\bash.exe" --login -i
>
>> Changing the directory before bash is run is a security measure because
>> the current directory may be in DLL search path.
>
> And?
>
>> I guess this is one reason why the cygwin.bat file created by setup.exe also
>> does this.
>
> I'm starting an application by its full path.

So...  It doesn't make it any more correct than Christian's method which
is what I prefer.  IIRC older versions of Windows required the change
directory to execute Cygwin properly.

--
cyg Simple