[ANNOUNCEMENT] openssl 1.0.2h-1

Wed Aug 31 12:18:00 GMT 2016

On Aug 31 12:50, Gerrit Haase wrote:

> > The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> >
> > * openssl-1.0.2h-1
> > * openssl-devel-1.0.2h-1
> > * openssl-perl-1.0.2h-1
> > * libopenssl100-1.0.2h-1
> > * mingw64-i686-openssl-1.0.2h-1
> > * mingw64-x86_64-openssl-1.0.2h-1

> Hello Yaakov,
>
> 25-Aug-2016: OpenSSL 1.1.0 is now available

We can't and we won't switch to OpenSSH 1.1.0 unless at least the first
problems are ironed out.  There were a lot of partially backward
incompatible changes, one of them results in OpenSSH not working with
OpenSSL 1.1.0 yet.

So, for the time being, we stay with 1.0.2.  It will be supported by
upstream for at least another two years, so there's no reason for hurry.

Corinna

Red Hat