make command gives: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file
Ken Brown
kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Dec 7 02:41:00 GMT 2016
On 12/6/2016 6:54 PM, Arnaut B wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After updating cygwin to the latest current release, my "make" command
> is broken. It spits the following error:
>
> C:/cygwin/bin/make.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> My setup-x86.exe version is 2.876
>
> I did try "cygcheck.exe /usr/bin/make", and got the following error:
>
> cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygcrypt-0.dll
>
> So I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the crypt package under Libs, but
> that didn't work. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the make
> package, and that did not fix the issue either. Any help would be
> appreciated.
/usr/bin/cygcrypt-0.dll is provided by the libcrypt0 package. Try
reinstalling that.
Ken
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list