make command gives: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:03:00 GMT 2016

On 07/12/2016 07:34, Arnaut B wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Dec 2016 18:41:25 -0800, Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/2016 6:54 PM, Arnaut B wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> After updating cygwin to the latest current release, my "make" command
>>> is broken. It spits the following error:
>>>

>> /usr/bin/cygcrypt-0.dll is provided by the libcrypt0 package.  Try
>> reinstalling that.
>>
>> Ken
>>

> Thanks. That did it. Wish there was an easier way to get the answer than
> going on the mailing list. Is there a command that can check what
> package a dll belongs to?

$ cygcheck -p cygcrypt-0.dll
Found 4 matches for cygcrypt-0.dll
crypt-debuginfo-1.3-1 - crypt-debuginfo: Debug info for crypt (installed
binaries and support files)
crypt-debuginfo-1.4-1 - crypt-debuginfo: Debug info for crypt (installed
binaries and support files)
libcrypt0-1.3-1 - libcrypt0: Encryption/Decryption utility and library
(installed binaries and support files)
libcrypt0-1.4-1 - libcrypt0: Encryption/Decryption utility and library
(installed binaries and support files)