can't access /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative ?

Wed Dec 21 18:12:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-12-21 10:09, Lester Ingber wrote:
> In some older cygwin posts, I see cygwin use of Sysnative for 64-bit
> access to System32 files. In my Cygwin64 installation on my Thinkpad
> Windows 10 x64 Pro PC I cannot see Sysnative at all under cygwin.
> However, for example, using windows opened by Malwarebytes I can
> access this directory just fine.
> How can I see/access Sysnative under cygwin?

Run Cygwin 32 - there only used to be 32 bit Cygwin and old posts
assume that environment.

Native 64 bit directories are:

	C:\Windows\System32 (64 bit)	C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (32 bit)

under 32 bit redirection these become:

	C:\Windows\SysNative (64 bit)	C:\Windows\System32 (32 bit)

to support poorly written programs that don't use the proper API call
to get the directory name; see:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384187(v=vs.85).aspx

for full list of paths redirected from 32 bit code on a 64 bit system.