Cannot Run Executable Files

Zac G. Al Wakeel ghanimm4@gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:54:00 GMT 2016

Hi,

I am having a problem with running executable files (.exe) on cygwin. I'm fairly new to cygwin and in the process of learning. I have just installed cygwin's packages for Devel, X11, and editor. I use gvim for text editing then gfortran to compile  , my problem occurs when I try to run the compiled output (.exe) in which cygwin keeps thinking without giving the result. The program I wrote is very basic (hello world).

I am using Windows 10 64bit

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Zac Al Wakeel