Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?

Richard Heintze sieg_heintze@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 19:40:00 GMT 2016

Thanks. Here is the missing link:
https://cygwin.com/ml/2011-02/msg00416.html .

Wow! that is link very old. I hope that means that someone has a fix!

Anyway, I'm getting very similar symptoms on cygwin64 with windows 10 with FSF emacs 23.2, 24.2& 24.5. I don't have this problem on cygwin32 and windows 8.1.

I also do not get this problem with Cygwin emacs-w32 on windows 10 with cygwin64 (strangely enough).

Unfortunately, the following file name (for example) works with fsf emacs and not Cygwin emacs-w32:

$USERPROFILE/Documents/hello.txt

Even some bash commands accept this but emacs-w32 does not.

I use these environment variables extensively to facilitate moving between different windows logins.

Thanks
Siegfrie