bwa error running Make and Make Install after installing update 2.4.1.1 to Cygwin64

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:24:00 GMT 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Robert May  wrote:
> Robert@DESKTOP-14EL82S /usr/local/bin/bwa-0.7.12
> $ ./configure
> -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
> Robert@DESKTOP-14EL82S /usr/local/bin/bwa-0.7.12
> $ make
> make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
>
> Robert@DESKTOP-14EL82S /usr/local/bin/bwa-0.7.12
> $ make install
>
> make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.

Hi Robert,

What is your Cygwin question?

Assuming that bwa is https://github.com/lh3/bwa , you really should
have read the readme. It makes no mention of configure nor does it
mention 'make install'.
Updating Cygwin has nothing to do with it; I get the same errors with
Cygwin 2.3.1 (unsurprisingly, since there is no configure and no
"install" target in the makefile).

BTW, /usr/local/bin is not the best place for a source tree.

Csaba