[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.18.3-1

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:02:00 GMT 2016

On 11/07/2016 23:13, Jack wrote:
> On 2016.07.11 16:31, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>

>> On 21/06/2016 19:04, Jon Turney wrote:
>>>
>>> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>> *** xorg-server-*1.18.3-1
>>>
>>> These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
>>>
>>> In addition to upstream fixes [1], the following cygwin-specific changes
>>> have been made since 1.18.2-1:
>>>
>>> * In multiwindow mode, enable the -compositewm option by default, so
>>> top-level window contents which are occluded are shown correctly in task
>>> bar and task switcher previews.  Add a -nocompositewm option so it can
>>> be disabled.
>>> * Fix any custom sysmenu configured in .XWinrc not being used when
>>> window is initially shown (Thanks to Colin Harrison)
>>>
>>> [1] https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2016-April/002683.html
>>>

>> 32 bit seem to have an issue. 64 bit is fine

[cut]

> It works fine for me, with cygwin 32 bit under Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,
> although my CPU is actually 64 bit.  Let me know if you want any other
> details about my system.
>
> Jack

Thanks for the confirmation.

After a reboot the 32 bit restarted to work, I suspect there was
some type of race and XWin was always loosing.

I am back to the *normal* with both versions, where normal means
only the first race is usually lost but all the successive are fine.

May be WOW need more time to load dll's.

$ uname -svrm
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW 2.5.2(0.297/5/3) 2016-06-23 14:27 i686