xfig doc files permissions

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Tue Jul 12 14:08:00 GMT 2016

This is to the cygwin maintainer of xfig.  Whenever there is a new release
and I update the doc files in /usr/share/doc/xfig, my backup program cannot
read most of the file.  This is because their permissions are 700, and the
backup tool does not run as me (it wants SYSTEM access).  700 does not seem
appropriate for doc files - maybe 644, or for executables 755?  Perhaps in
future releases this can be adjusted so I don't have tp go in and manually
change the permissions.  (It's not a big issue that the files don't back up,
but the backup program stalls on them for a long time trying, so it needlessly
slows down backups.)  If anybody cares, the backup program is CrashPlan.

Regards -- EM