clock skew detected in archive member

Schwarz, Konrad konrad.schwarz@siemens.com
Tue Jul 19 19:44:00 GMT 2016

Hello,

I am building a project in Cygwin using a GCC/binutils cross-compiler hosted on Windows.
I.e., make and other utilities are from Cygwin;
gcc, ld, ar, etc. are from the cross-compiler toolchain which was compiled natively
for Windows.

I consistently see
	make[1]: Warning: File 'libmylib.a(myfile.o)' has modification time 3516 s in the future
	make[1]: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

(The exact time varies somewhat).

The build is indeed incomplete.

I am using the lib(member): form of rule in the Makefile, so
make uses the modification time of the member in the archive
to see if it needs updating.

As the time is close to an hour and since I am one hour east of GMT,
this might be related to a time-zone problem.

If anyone has run across this problem and has some hints for me,
I would be most grateful.

Best Regards

Konrad Schwarz